Car reviews - Porsche - 911 - Carrera 4S coupe
9 Aug 2002
By MARTON PETTENDY
THE C4S is new to Australia within the current 911 model series, although a C4S was part of the previous 993 model line-up from late 1995. The tough-looking 911, with its 60mm wider bodyshell, 10mm lower ride height and twin tailpipes, appeared here as a replacement for the Carrera 4 when the facelifted 911 came here in August, 2001. That facelift included a fresher interior for all 911 models, including - for the first time - cupholders and a glovebox - plus seatbelt pretensioners with belt force limiters, a 25kg weight gain due to extra roof and side reinforcing, and Turbo-look front and rear styling - including headlights, but this time Halogen not bi-Xenon units. The 911's standard six-cylinder boxer engine also came in for a 14kW power hike, courtesy of a 200c increase in displacement, to 3.6 litres. The addition of the Turbo model's VarioCam Plus variable valve timing technology also helped lift peak torque to 370Nm.
Did you know?Porsche presented the 911 at the Frankfurt International Automobile Show in 1963. Designed by Ferry Porsche's son, Ferdinand Alexander Porsche, it featured a new flat six-cylinder engine but remained true to the VW concept of using a rear-mounted, air-cooled boxer engine. The first 911 began production in 1964
Share with your friends
Enquire on or Test Drive a New 911
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Carrera 4 AWD Cabriolet
Carrera 4 AWD Coupe
Carrera 4 GTS
Carrera 4S AWD Cabriolet
Carrera 4S AWD Coupe
Carrera S cabriolet
Carrera S Coupe
Targa 4 GTS
Turbo S Exclusive
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.