Car reviews - Porsche - 911 - Carrera 4S coupe
9 Aug 2002
THE C4S 911's styling was inspired by the 911 Turbo, with which it shares its wider bodyshell and more aggressive plastics. Like the Turbo, the C4S has 60mm wider rear wheel arches to accommodate wider wheel tracks and the massive 295/30-section rear tyres on Turbo-look 18-inch alloy wheels. Where C4S departs, however, is in its use of the standard 911's extendable rear spoiler (which extends at 120km/h and retracts when speed falls below 80km/h), rather than the Turbo's fixed rear wing. Also, given it misses out on the flagship's turbocharged engine (and therefore intercoolers), the C4S goes without the Turbo's prominent side air scoops, which is said to reduce its aerodynamic drag figure to a 911-like 0.30Cd instead of the Turbo's less slippery 0.31. Apart from its prominent rear, titanium coloured "Carrera 4S" bootlid badging - plus discreet "4S" badges on all four wheel centres - C4S is differentiated from other 911s by its use of a red light strip at the lower edge of the engine compartment lid, which visually links the two rear lights. C4S also gets metallic paint and an electric glass sunroof as standard.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Did you know?The Lohner-Porsche Electric Car was revealed at the 1900 Paris Expo. The wheel hub motors devised by Ferdinand Porsche, then a young engineer and test driver, made the Porsche name famous worldwide
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new 911
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Carrera 4 AWD Cabriolet
Carrera 4 AWD Coupe
Carrera 4 GTS
Carrera 4S AWD Cabriolet
Carrera 4S AWD Coupe
Carrera S cabriolet
Carrera S Coupe
Targa 4 GTS
Turbo S Exclusive
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.