Car reviews - Porsche - 911 - Turbo S
Mind-bending pace of Porsche 911 Turbo S eclipsed by exceptional user-friendliness
29 Oct 2020
THE latest 992-generation Porsche 911 Turbo S is more of everything. More power (478kW, up 51kW over the 991.2 equivalent), more torque (800Nm, a 50Nm advantage over the 991.2 Turbo S), more performance (100km/h comes up in just 2.7 seconds, two tenths quicker than before) and more expensive ($473,500 plus on-road costs for the coupe, up $11,600).
If you want to be seen more, there’s always the drop-top Cabriolet version that will leave your bank balance $21,000 lighter than the coupe. And why not? Based on specifications alone, the Turbo S is not for the faint of heart.
But here’s the rub: You can pretty much pootle the most potent non-GT 911 as gently as an entry-level Carrera when you need to. And for all its intimidating performance stats, the Turbo S is far from a being monster that needs taming.
Instead, it’s a hi-tech marvel of engineering and a visceral demonstration of how much sheer bandwidth Porsche has built into the 992 platform. One that can take you to another dimension of jowl-stretching speed when you want it to.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 October 2020
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new 911
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Carrera 4 AWD Cabriolet
Carrera 4 AWD Coupe
Carrera 4 GTS
Carrera 4S AWD Cabriolet
Carrera 4S AWD Coupe
Carrera S cabriolet
Carrera S Coupe
Targa 4 GTS
Turbo S Exclusive
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.