Car reviews - Porsche - 911 - Turbo coupe/cabriolet range
Bigger new twin-turbo flat six and clever chassis tech lifts 911 Turbo to new level
19 Feb 2010
LOOKS can be deceiving. Differentiated only by LED front driving lights, new twin-arm mirrors and a slightly more aggressive front bumper, the latest 911 Turbo comes with the first all-new engine in the flagship Porsche model’s 35-year history. With 368kW and 650Nm of torque – rising to a staggering 700Nm in the optional Sports Chrono pack’s overboost mode. The larger 3.8-litre direct-injection engine features two improved variable-geometry turbochargers and a higher 9.8:1 compression ratio to also boost fuel efficiency, while new options including active engine mounts and a ‘torque vectoring’ mechanical rear differential also raise the latest 911 Turbo’s dynamic prowess to new heights.
Model release date: 1 February 2010 to 1 January 2012
Porsche (997-series) 911 TurboReleased:
August 2008Family Tree: 911
THE 997-series 911 was sold in Australia between August 2006 and August 2008, replacing the first liquid-cooled 911 ever, the 996-series launched here in 2000. It delivered substantial performance gains over the 996 Turbo, despite maintaining a 3.6-litre displacement for its twin-turbo flat six, which offered 353kW and 620Nm of torque. The standard six-speed manual, which sprinted to 100km/h in a claimed 3.7 seconds, was last sold at $361,100, while the five-speed Tiptronic S auto version cost $369,100 and hit 100km/h in a claimed 3.9 seconds.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new 911
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Carrera 4 AWD Cabriolet
Carrera 4 AWD Coupe
Carrera 4 GTS
Carrera 4S AWD Cabriolet
Carrera 4S AWD Coupe
Carrera S cabriolet
Carrera S Coupe
Targa 4 GTS
Turbo S Exclusive
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.