Car reviews - Holden - Colorado - range
The crucial new Colorado is finally here and ready to take on Hilux and Ranger
14 Jun 2012
By TIM NICHOLSON
WITH its launch delayed six months due to the floods in Thailand, Holden has a lot of catching up to do with the crucial new Colorado, and has gone some way towards that by pre-selling 1500 units ahead of its showroom arrival.
Designed from the ground up as a global product, with a smattering of Australian input, the Colorado gets an efficient all-diesel engine line-up, class-leading towing capability and standard safety gear to set it apart from the crowd.
Holden says being the newest ute on the scene, pent-up demand caused by the delay and outstanding customer loyalty, will get the Colorado off to a flying start. But how does it stack up against hot competition from other recently-launched rivals?
Model release date: 1 June 2012 to 1 October 2014
May 2012Family Tree: Colorado
THE Colorado nameplate usurped Rodeo as Holden launched what was essentially a facelifted RA Series II Rodeo, built by Isuzu in Thailand.Get the full story: Holden fits Rodeo with a sleeker nose, more kit, lower prices - and a Colorado name
Holden boosted standard features to include air-conditioning, dual front airbags and wider availability of anti-lock brakes and the number of variants fell from around 45 to 30 versions compared with the Rodeo.
Single-space- and dual-cab choices were offered in combination with Holden-built 2.4-litre four-cylinder and 3.6-litre V6 petrol or 3.0-litre diesel engines across 4x2 or 4x4 drivetrains.
Share with your friends
Enquire on or Test Drive a New Colorado
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.