Car reviews - Holden - Colorado - utility range
Holden fits Rodeo with a sleeker nose, more kit, lower prices - and a Colorado name
12 Aug 2008
By GEORGIA OCONNELL
IF YOU are in the market for a new Holden Rodeo, then forget about it. Japan’s Isuzu – supplier of Holden’s light trucks for decades – has nicked the 27-year-old moniker as it seeks to set up shop here again separate from GMH. But don’t despair, for the new Holden Colorado is exactly the same old light truck from Isuzu, but with more equipment, a nicer nose and a lower pricetag. So don’t cry for Rodeo, Holden fans – collar a Colorado instead. It’s not the best-in-class, but you can certainly do worse for the money.
Model release date: 1 August 2008 to 1 May 2012
Holden RA Rodeo Series IIReleased:
August 2008Family Tree: Colorado
BACK in 2003, the third-generation Thai-built Rodeo was the first of the new wave of Japanese-developed light trucks, featuring larger cabins, more comfort and an urban – as well as utilitarian appeal. The lowliest models made do with a 94kW/207Nm 2.4-litre four-cylinder, while a rather noisy 96kW/280Nm 3.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel unit proved popular. Thankfully, the latter was swapped in early 2007 for a new-generation 3.0-litre VCDi turbo-diesel developing 120kW and 360Nm (or 333Nm for the auto). On the V6 petrol front, a 147kW/280Nm 3.5-litre Isuzu-sourced V6 was available, until the Holden-made 157kW/313Nm 3.6-litre V6 usurped it in late 2005. All engines bar the five-speed manual-only 2.4 models could also be had with a four-speed automatic gearbox. The RA Rodeo came in two or three-seater Single Cab, four-seater Space Cab and five-seater Crew Cab bodystyles. The Series II’s more refined interior presentation was overshadowed by a quite severe nose treatment that did little to win over new customers.
Click to share
Enquire on or Test Drive a New Colorado
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
LS 4x4 Crew Cab Chas
LS 4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up
LS 4x4 Single Cab Chas
LS 4x4 Space Cab Chas
LS Crew Cab Chas
LS Crew Cab Pick Up
LS Single Cab Chas
LSX Crew Cab Chas Limited Edition
LSX Crew Cab Pick Up Limited Edition
LT 4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up
LT Crew Cab Pick Up
LTZ 4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up
LTZ 4x4 Space Cab Pick Up
LTZ Crew Cab Pick Up
Storm Crew Cab Limited Edition
Z71 4x4 Crew Cab Pick Up
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.