Car reviews - Toyota - Hilux - SR5 d/cab tdi 4x4 utility
Toyota's top-end SR5 double-cab diesel Hilux gets safety upgrades
11 Nov 2010
IT’S NOT ONLY Australia’s best-selling ute, but occasionally ranks as the top-selling vehicle – bar none - in the country, as well as regularly ranking as Queensland’s top-seller.
Toyota’s long-serving HiLux, now in its seventh generation, faces some stiff competition in 2011 with new one-tonne utes from Volkswagen, Ford and Mazda due to arrive.
That’s why Toyota Australia has moved to strengthen the HiLux’s hold on top spot by equipping it with a few important new features.
These features debut on the top-of-the-range 4x4 SR5 double-cab diesel HiLux only, but are expected to filter down through the range throughout 2011.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 November 2010 to 1 August 2011
October 2009Family Tree: Hilux
THE current-generation HiLux has been with us for close to six years and Toyota hints that there’s still at least two more years in it yet. It received an upgrade in the third quarter of 2009 with higher spec levels and minor styling changes that distinguished it with a new grille., , Part of its popularity and success is due to its extensive variant range. The HiLux is available in single, extra and double-cab bodies, 4x2 and 4x4 drivelines, a choice of three engines – 2.7-litre petrol four-cylinder, 4.0-litre petrol V6 and 3.0-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder, manual and automatic transmissions and in three specification levels. , , In all, the model range runs out to some 32 variants to deliver a ute for all applications, be it a tradie’s workhorse or everyday family transport., , It’s the top-end SR5 double-cab diesel that gets the latest upgrades to make it more appealing to recreational buyers.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new Hilux
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Hi-Rider SR5 Double Cab Pickup
Rogue 4X4 2.8TD Double Cab Pick-Up
Rugged 4X4 2.8TD Double Cab Pick-Up
Rugged X 4X4 2.8TD Double Cab Pick-Up
SR 2.8TD Hi-Rider Double Cab Pick-Up
SR 4X4 2.8TD Double Cab Chas
SR 4X4 2.8TD Double Cab Pick-Up
SR 4X4 2.8TD Single Cab Chas
SR Extra Cab Chas
SR5 4X4 2.8TD Double Cab Pick-Up
SR5 Extra Cab Pickup
Workmate 2.4TD Double Cab Pick-Up
Workmate 2.4TD Single Cab Chas
Workmate 2.7 Double Cab Pick-Up
Workmate 2.7 Single Cab Chas
Workmate 4X4 2.4TD Double Cab Pick-Up
Workmate 4X4 2.4TD Single Cab Chas
Workmate Double Cab Chas
Workmate Double Cab Hi-Rider Pick-Up
Workmate Extra Cab Chas
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.