Car reviews - Mazda - BT-50 - range
A thorough revamp of the B-series aims to build the Mazda truck’s ongoing popularity
7 Dec 2006
By LUC BRITTEN
FASHION has hit the farmer-and-tradies set hard now that the Toyota HiLux and a growing number of stylish light trucks are on the scene. You’d expect a post Zoom-Zoom Mazda to be in the midst of it, but the BT-50 Bravo replacement is essentially a B-series with a massive makeover. Yet Mazda is claiming a host of improvements that it believes will appeal to the type of buyers who know what they really want from such a vehicle. Is the now diesel-only BT-50 just a case of an old truck in not-so-hip clothing, or is this yet another case of a Mazda with its finger on the pulse?
Model release date: 1 December 2006 to 1 July 2008
Mazda B2500 BravoReleased:
Nov 2006Family Tree: BT-50
THE last turbo-diesel Bravo was really just a heavily revamped B-series from the late 1980s, but Mazda did well to keep its old workhorse relevant with competitive pricing, a pleasant interior and a strong, durable and reliable drivetrain and chassis. The 2.5-litre engine did struggle under a load despite offering 86kW of power and 280Nm of torque, while the five-speed manual gearbox wasn't the nicest on the market to use on an everyday basis. The Bravo was a workhorse and nothing more.
Click to share
Enquire on or Test Drive a New BT-50
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
2.2 XT Hi-Rider Single Cab Chas
2.2 XT Single Cab Chas
3.2 GT 4X4 Dual Cab Ute
3.2 XT 4X4 Dual Cab Chas
3.2 XT 4X4 Dual Cab Ute
3.2 XT 4X4 Freestyle Cab Chas
3.2 XT 4X4 Single Cab Chas
3.2 XT Hi-Rider Dual Cab Chas
3.2 XT Hi-Rider Dual Cab Ute
3.2 XT Hi-Rider Freestyle Cab Chas
3.2 XT Hi-Rider Single Cab Chas
3.2 XTR 4X4 Dual Cab Ute
3.2 XTR 4X4 Freestyle Cab Ute
3.2 XTR Hi-Rider Dual Cab Ute
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.