Car reviews - Mercedes-Benz - S-Class - 350L sedan
Is a new 3.7-litre V6 enough to keep Mercedes' S-class ahead of the limo pack?
10 Jun 2003
IS THIS a bargain-price long-wheelbase S-class? The S350 Mercedes-Benz sneaks in under the $200,000 price point, which may be cause for some to see it as a relatively cheap luxury German limo. Not that anything in these realms could be considered cheap, but the S350 L - a new model within the facelifted S-class range - does provide the opportunity to indulge in magnificent comfort for less money than before. And in its latest, updated guise, the big Mercedes offers a little more of everything more power from a bigger V6, more comfort from new seats and improved safety via a new, anticipatory system that prepares the car to help protect passengers if a crash is imminent.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 March 2003 to 1 March 2006
March 2003Family Tree: S-Class
THE all-new W220 S-class first appeared Down Under in April 1999, replacing the W140 version which had been available in S280, S320, S420, S500L and S500L guise since September 1993. More refined, safer than ever and cheaper than before, the big new Benz instantly won accolades and continued its market segment leadership. Four years later, in March 2003, the entry-level S320 has morphed into the 3.7-litre S350.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new S-Class
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
S63 AMG LWB
S63 AMG SWB
S65 AMG LWB
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.