Car reviews - Mazda - Mazda2 - Maxx sedan
Mazda's baby sedan, the four-door Mazda2 Maxx, might be a boon to baby boomers
19 Aug 2010
FEW models in the light-car segment deliver a mix of safety, refinement, space and style, all topped off by good value, but the Mazda2 sedan makes the list. While the sedan is simply an adjunct to the more popular Mazda2 hatch and only available in the mid-spec Maxx grade, it brings another dimension to the word ‘hip’. The typical Mazda2 sedan buyer is more likely to equate ‘hip’ with impending joint replacement than looking cool.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 May 2010 to 1 February 2011
August 1997Family Tree: Mazda2
MAZDA chose a unique “bubble” design for its 1991 Mk2 121, while engineering a front-wheel-drive light car that was taller, wider, stronger, better to drive and more refined than any rival on offer locally.And strangely, it proved a smash hit here and nowhere else.Both young and old embraced the 121’s pert sedan styling (allegedly modelled on the human derriere), nicely ambient cabin, affable road manners, impressive frugality and glowing reviews.Power came courtesy of an eager 54kW 1.3-litre engine.From the Series II facelift of January 1994, the range was split.The 1.3 was turned into a more basic vehicle with smaller wheels, no power steering or painted bumpers, while a new 62kW 1.5 engine arrived with all the goodies.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new Mazda2
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.