Car reviews - Nissan - Navara - ST-R TDi dual-cab utility
28 Jul 2003
By STEVEN BUTCHER
NAVARA'S interior for the ST-R is a bit of a bolt-on job with a more than obvious extension to the front door armrest housing for the electric windows and door locks.
The passenger-side dash has a mysterious panel of mismatched plastic in the familiar shape of an airbag panel, which the Australian released Navara is missing from both the driver and passenger sides.
Seating is twin bucket front and forward-folding bench rear with the rear seat non-adjustable head restraints also a bolt-on - they are mounted on the rear cabin wall.
The seats themselves are basic with cloth trim to match the door inserts but there's little bolstering in the lumbar or thigh area.
Seatbelts are lap-sash for outboard passengers and lap-only for the centre rear passenger.
The opening to the rear cabin area on the Navara is ridiculously small, with even the shortest member of our staff unable to access the rear seat without colliding with the B-pillar and back of the driver's seat.
Headroom in the rear is also less than acceptable, making the rear bench seat truly a kids-only zone.
Did you know?The rear doors in the ST-R are fitted with speaker vents that on closer inspection reveal no speaker inside, despite the stereo having a four-speaker fader fitted
Share with your friends
Enquire on or Test Drive a New Navara
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
DX Single Cab Chas 4x4
RX 4X2 Dual Cab Pick Up
RX 4X4 Dual Cab Pick Up
RX Dual Cab Chas 4x4
RX King Cab Chas 4x2
RX King Cab Chas 4x4
RX King Cab Pick Up 4x4
RX Single Cab Chas 4x2
RX Single Cab Chas 4x4
SL 4X4 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST 4X2 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST 4X4 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST King Cab Pick Up 4x4
ST-X 4X2 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST-X 4X4 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST-X King Cab Pick Up 4x4
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.