Car reviews - Nissan - Navara - D40 range
Nissan has tweaked its Navara range to add more appeal against a raft of newcomers
17 Feb 2012
THE one-tonne ute market has been boosted with a rush of new models, making life tougher for older models such as the Nissan Navara. Now seven years old, the Navara 4x4 crew cab has been given a boost with an injection of new features, an upgraded four-cylinder engine and more standard safety gear. The big news is that the potent V6 that was previously limited to the fully-loaded ST-X 550 is now available in the more affordable ST-X. That might not sound like big news, but for people who want to tow, the whopping 550Nm of torque is a big deal.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 February 2012 to 1 April 2015
Navara D40 Series 1Released:
February 2012Family Tree: Navara
NISSAN launched the D40 Navara all the way back in 2005. It was introduced alongside the ageing no-nonsense D22 Navara, which is still on sale today. The D40 was aimed at the booming group of drivers who wanted a ute to use for work but also lug around the family and use it for weekend fun. It is spacious and practical cabin, with wide opening rear doors and fold-up rear row of seats, was a big selling point as was the rugged, muscular design. A 2.5-litre turbo diesel four-cylinder (128kW and 403Nm) was available, along with a 4.0-litre petrol V6 (198KW and 385Nm) that was later dropped.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new Navara
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
DX Single Cab Chas 4x4
RX 4X2 Dual Cab Pick Up
RX 4X4 Dual Cab Pick Up
RX Dual Cab Chas 4x4
RX King Cab Chas 4x2
RX King Cab Chas 4x4
RX King Cab Pick Up 4x4
RX Single Cab Chas 4x2
RX Single Cab Chas 4x4
SL 4X4 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST 4X2 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST 4X4 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST King Cab Pick Up 4x4
ST-X 4X2 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST-X 4X4 Dual Cab Pick Up
ST-X King Cab Pick Up 4x4
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.