Car reviews - Jaguar - F-Type - AWD
Jaguar adds claws to the front end of its gorgeous F-Type sportscars
10 Jun 2015
By TIM ROBSON
THERE’S no doubt about it: Jaguar’s F-Type is a real looker, even after two years on sale, in convertible guise at least.
Doing the numbers, too, puts the two-seater sportscar into a category all by itself, especially when you look at the range-topping R’s 404kW and 680Nm headline numbers.
Nothing with two seats really comes close to the F-Type in its market space. There is a brace of Porsche product that sits close, but there really is little else in the sportscar segment with the packaging and performance of the F-Type line-up.
Now Jag has widened the appeal of the F-Type from the bottom up. An entry-level manual gearbox-equipped coupe for less than $120,000 before on-road costs will get the customers in the door, but it’s the AWD cars they’ll look at next.
With S and R AWD auto coupes landing in Australia ahead of the manuals – they should lob in August or September – the temptation to see what 404kW and 680Nm feels like is too much to resist.Click here for the full review...
Model release date: 1 June 2015
Click to share
Enquire on or Test Drive a New F-Type
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
2.0 221KW RWD
400 Sport V6
400 Sport V6 AWD
R-Dynamic 2.0 221KW RWD
V6 280KW AWD
V6 R-Dynamic 250KW
V6 R-Dynamic 280KW
V6 R-Dynamic 280KW AWD
V8 R AWD
V8 SVR AWD
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.