Car reviews - Audi - A5 - range
Audi A5 still a class act as range expands to 21 models with facelift
29 Feb 2012
AUDI has given its expansive A5 range its first pull-through since the A5 made its debut in coupe form back in 2007, ahead of the cabrio and Sportback variants that broadened the line-up in subsequent years. The German company’s designers have not fiddled with the acclaimed exterior design too much, apart from new headlights, grille, wheels and other touches, instead handing over to the engineers to bring the range up to date with some new engines, fuel-saving technologies such as idle-stop and electric-assisted power steering, as well as new interior trims and improved controls. As one of the older models in the Audi line-up, the A5 and its sportier S5 version still boast a timeless design, but has the latest facelift been enough to keep pace with a galloping opposition?
Model release date: 1 February 2012 to 1 March 2017
April 2012Family Tree: A5
AUDI’S A5 arrived on the scene in two-door coupe guise in 2007, tasked with tackling the Mercedes-Benz CLK and BMW 3 Series Coupe models. The high-performance V8-powered manual S5 quattro arrived first in Australia, with other engines, including a 3.2-litre V6 petrol, 1.8-litre four-cylinder petrol, and 3.0-litre V6 turbo-diesel following over the next year. In late 2009, Audi released an S5 cabriolet, with a supercharged TFSI V6, offering 245kW, 440Nm and a 24 per cent fall in fuel consumption over the V8 coupe. In early 2010 Audi launched the A5 Sportback as a four-door A5 Coupe with a longer wheelbase, a tailgate and a lower entry price. The A5 range was crowned in September 2010 by the 331kW 4.2-litre V8 RS5 coupe, identifiable by its gaping air intakes, bulging wheelarches and large twin exhausts flanking the rear diffuser.
Click to share
Enquire on or Test Drive a New A5
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
2.0 TDI quattro coupe
2.0 TDI quattro Sportback
2.0 TFSI cabriolet
2.0 TFSI coupe
2.0 TFSI quattro cabriolet
2.0 TFSI quattro coupe
2.0 TFSI quattro Sportback
2.0 TFSI Sportback
RS5 2.9 TFSI quattro Coupe
S5 3.0 TFSI Quattro Cabriolet
S5 3.0 TFSI quattro coupe
S5 3.0 TFSI Quattro Sportback
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.