Car reviews - Audi - A5 - 2.0 TFSI quattro cabriolet
The Audi A5 Cabriolet is a sublime car fit for a princess
19 Feb 2010
WITH the A5 Cabriolet, Audi is in an enviable position of offering Australian convertible buyers with a bit of disposable income to spare an attractive and practical droptop with ample performance and plenty of refinement. But, guess what? The base model tested here – the 2.0TFSI quattro – is the best of the bunch because of its sweet and spirited four-cylinder turbo powerplant, balanced handling, supple ride on the standard 17-inch wheels and relatively affordable pricing. In this particular configuration, we reckon the Ingolstadt brand has a real winner on its hands.
Model release date: 1 August 2009 to 1 January 2016
A4 Cabriolet 1.8t quattroReleased:
July 2009Family Tree: A5
THE third modern Audi Cabriolet was based on the B7-series A4 sedan and replaced the first (B6-series) A4-based Cabriolet in Australia after just three years, in July 2006., , It was launched with a 120kW 1.8-litre four-cylinder turbocharged and 188kW 3.2-litre V6 petrol engines, mated to six-speed Multitronic CVT transmissions., , The latter was discontinued in October 2007, when S-Line versions of the 3.2 FSI quattro V6 and newer 2.0TFSI direct-injection turbo-four became available alongside the entry-level 1.8T., , Like its A5 Cabriolet successor, the B7 A4 droptop continued with the classic cloth roof design, rather than going for the increasingly popular – but flawed because of weight and packaging issues – folding hard top variety., , Nevertheless, this Audi was not without its detractors, with a hard ride on cars with low-profile tyres and some scuttle shake on irregular road surfaces, proving to be the most pressing.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new A5
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
2.0 TDI quattro coupe
2.0 TDI quattro Sportback
2.0 TFSI cabriolet
2.0 TFSI coupe
2.0 TFSI quattro cabriolet
2.0 TFSI quattro coupe
2.0 TFSI quattro Sportback
2.0 TFSI Sportback
RS5 2.9 TFSI quattro Coupe
S5 3.0 TFSI Quattro Cabriolet
S5 3.0 TFSI quattro coupe
S5 3.0 TFSI Quattro Sportback
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.