Car reviews - Toyota - LandCruiser 200
Bigger, gruntier, smoother new LandCruiser 200 Series arrives, at a higher entry price
7 Nov 2007
THE wait is finally over - Toyota's all-new LandCruiser "200 Series" is here, landing in the legendary full-size SUV's spiritual home as the first all-V8 model, with vast improvements in performance, refinement and off-road capability. The Japanese maker's first diesel V8 also makes it more frugal too, despite 100kg-plus weight gains partly attributable to new technologies like standard stability contol, "crawl contol" (in petrol models) and "kinetic" suspension (in all but the top-selling GXL diesel). Significantly higher base pricing reflects the newest 'Cruiser's larger, stiffer, more advanced design, but it seems there's no shortage of well-heeled rural (and city) buyers with between $70,000 and $105,000 to spend on the most expensive iteration of Toyota's legendary off-roader.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 November 2007 to 1 September 2015
October 2007Family Tree: LandCruiser 200
The sixth-generation of Toyota's Motor Corporation's first overseas export arrived in Australia, the world's biggest LandCruiser market, in all-new 100 Series guise almost 10 years ago. It brought new levels of packaging, refinement and both on and off-road ability to Toyota's full-size SUV, powered by a 165kW/387Nm 4.5-litre petrol six and a 96kW/285Nm 4.2-litre diesel four, both mated to five-speed manual and four-speed automatic transmissions. The latter continued beyond an October 2002 facelift, which comprised 151kW/430Nm turbo-diesel power and a new 170kW/410Nm 4.7-litre petrol V8. Launch pricing started at under $48,000.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new LandCruiser 200
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
LandCruiser 200 pricing
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.