Car reviews - Audi - A8 - sedan range
The fourth-generation version of Audi's super-luxury model kicks off with a 4.2 V8
30 Jul 2010
By HAITHAM RAZAGUI
THE A8 is Audi’s uber luxurious limo, the range-topping sedan that competes with BMW’s 7 Series and the Mercedes-Benz S-class.
It’s spacious, full of top-shelf materials and has all the latest and greatest technological marvels.
Audi is launching the fourth-generation version of its super-luxury model, kicking off with the 4.2-litre V8 model.
The new model isn’t cheap at $225,904, but still undercuts equivalent models from BMW and Mercedes.
Model release date: 1 August 2010 to 1 April 2014
July 2010Family Tree: A8
THE last-generation A8 was introduced in 2002, positioned as a ‘sports limousine’., , Two V8 models were available at launch and both used a constant all-wheel-drive system. , , There was a 3.7-litre V8 for the $173,900 3.7 quattro and a 4.2-litre version priced at $206,900. The former was later phased out, leaving the 3.2 FSI quattro to open the range at $158,600., , In order to help the A8 take up its challenger to the Mercedes-Benz S-class and BMW 7 Series it was fitted with a range of technology including the BMW iDrive-rivalling MMI controller (which was more warmly received), adaptive air suspension, LED taillights and a DVD-based satellite-navigation system., , A powerful 4.2-litre V8 diesel and 6.0-litre 12-cylinder W engine were later added to the A8 range.
Share with your friends
Enquire on or Test Drive a New A8
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
3.0 TDI quattro
4.2 TDI Quattro
L 3.0 TDI quattro
S8 4.0 TFSI quattro
S8 Plus 4.0 TFSI quattro
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.