Car reviews - Nissan - X-Trail - 5-dr wagon range
It looks similar, but Nissan's X-Trail II is far better from head to toe
18 Oct 2007
NISSAN has presented the market with a conservative replacement for its original X-Trail, which is going into retirement after six years of service to loyal customers. The company argues that previous-generation X-Trail buyers didn’t want change so the company has accordingly produced a model that looks very much like its predecessor but is bigger and has more standard features for no change in price. Nissan has humble expectations for the new model. Thanks to limited supply due to overseas demand, at best Nissan can only expect sales volume to continue at the same rate as its predecessor.
Model release date: 1 October 2007 to 1 March 2014
Oct 2007Family Tree: X-Trail
The first-generation (T30-series) X-Trail arrived here in October 2001, powered by the 132kW/245Nm QR25DE 2.5-litre 125kW four-cylinder engine mated to a five-speed manual or a four-speed auto. Two models were offered at launch: the $31,900 entry-level ST and $35,990 luxury Ti ($2000 extra for auto transmission). In May 2002, a Ti Luxury model was added to the range, at $37,990 for the manual and $39,990 for the auto. In August 2003, a limited-edition $33,990 ($35,990 for auto) ST-R model was added with a roof rack with driving lights, spoiler and polished alloys. The Luxury spec included leather seats, sunroof and rear armrest with cargo area access. In December 2003, an update model was launched with minor trim upgrades exterior and an additional mid-spec model, the ST-L, which came in two variants, one with a rear entertainment package ($39,990) or one with a glass sunroof ($38,490).
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new X-Trail
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
ST 7seat 2WD
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.