Car reviews - Mitsubishi - Triton - GLX-R double cab utility
Mitsubishi has addressed some shortcomings of its Triton dual-cab ute
1 Jul 2010
THE 2010 model-year Triton is the biggest overhaul so far of Mitsubishi’s stylish one-tonne ute that arrived here in 2006. Mitsubishi has stretched the dual-cab’s tray to address the criticism that its tray was too short, has ditched 3.2 D-ID for a more powerful, smaller displacement 2.5-litre diesel to meet Euro 4 emissions requirements. So the Triton has more space and more grunt, but is that enough to make it king of utes?
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 October 2009 to 1 March 2015
Triton ML seriesReleased:
October 2009Family Tree: Triton
MITSUBISHI'S ML Triton was a revelation when it arrived here three years ago brandishing a space-aged round-backed cab and relatively small tray, but a solid petrol and diesel engine line-up and sharp pricing across a comprehensive model range soon attracted a strong following., , The GL 4x2 2.4 petrol single-cab opened the range for around $20,000, with the line-up also including a GLX 3.5 petrol V6 and 2.5 and 3.2-litre four-cylinder diesel engines available in single-cab/chassis, dual-cab/chassis and dual-cab pick-up body styles., , The 4x2 range offered GL and GLX specification grades, with GLX, VR, GLS and GLX-R available in 4x4 guise.Get the full story: Mitsubishi's all-new bathtub-style Triton offers more than just a trendy new face
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new Triton
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Blackline Double Cab Pick Up Limited Edition
Exceed 4X4 Double Cab Pick Up
GLS 4x4 Double Cab Pick Up
GLS Sports 4x4 Double Cab Pick Up
GLX 4x4 Club Cab Chas
GLX 4x4 Double Cab Chas
GLX 4x4 Double Cab Pick Up
GLX 4x4 Plus Club Cab Pick Up
GLX 4x4 Single Cab Chas
GLX Double Cab Pick Up 4X2
GLX Plus 4x4 Double Cab Pick Up
GLX Single Cab Chassis 4x2
GLX Single Cab Chassis 4x4
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.