Car reviews - Mazda - Mazda2 - Genki 5-dr hatch
Mazda's youthful light car is up there with the best of its kind
30 Jul 2010
By MARTON PETTENDY
THE light car class is a hive of interesting activity lately (Fiesta, Polo, i20, upcoming Swift), but the recently facelifted, newly Thai-built Mazda2 remains one of the leading baby contenders thanks to a combination of style, performance, practicality and agility. Three years on from launch, the DE series is beginning to show its age in some areas (such as cabin presentation), but the littlest offering from the ‘zoom-zoom’ people is a nicely formed example as to why buyers who begin with this brand so often stick with it.
Model release date: 1 May 2010 to 1 September 2014
Mazda2 DE Series 1Released:
April 2010Family Tree: Mazda2
MAZDA Australia shifted some 36,000 examples of its lighter, more stylish second-gen Mazda2 since it was arrived in 2007, lowering the buyer age demographic accordingly., , Under the stout bonnet is a 76kW/137Nm 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine mated to five-speed manual and four-speed automatics transmissions in five-door Neo, Maxx and Genki hatchback grades., , The Two was an early pioneer of ESC electronic stability control in the light-car class (the Hyundai Getz got there first two years earlier), making the Mazda one of the safest options in the segment with a five-star ANCAP crash-test rating., , The three-door Mazda2 arrived for the first time in May 2008, before being discontinued in May 2010 due to lack of buyer interest.
Share with your friends
Enquire on or Test Drive a New Mazda2
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.