Car reviews - Mazda - BT-50 - range
Mazda’s BT-50 a great example of why a book shouldn’t be judged by its cover
28 Sep 2015
By TIM ROBSON
ON THE face of it, a ladder-frame pick-up truck is an odd member of the Mazda family, but it’s one that has worked well for the brand over the last nine years, with more than 100,000 sold since 2006, according to Mazda Australia.
It’s fair to say the sixth-generation truck (including previous iterations, dubbed Bravo), underpinned by mechanicals from the Ford Ranger, raised eyebrows in the media and in showrooms alike for its unapologetically modern exterior design.
Love it or loathe it, though, the BT-50, particularly in 4x4 3.2-litre turbo diesel dual-cab form, is a damn nice example of the breed, and keenly priced to boot.
It’s a bit odd that there are no real mechanical changes to write about at this mid-life refresh juncture, but minor exterior revisions and some key interior updates are as good an excuse as any to brush up on some off road skills.Click here for the full review...
Click to see larger images
Model release date: 1 September 2015
Share with your friends
Enquire on or Test Drive a New BT-50
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
2.2 XT Hi-Rider Single Cab Chas
2.2 XT Single Cab Chas
3.2 GT 4X4 Dual Cab Ute
3.2 XT 4X4 Dual Cab Chas
3.2 XT 4X4 Dual Cab Ute
3.2 XT 4X4 Freestyle Cab Chas
3.2 XT 4X4 Single Cab Chas
3.2 XT Hi-Rider Dual Cab Chas
3.2 XT Hi-Rider Dual Cab Ute
3.2 XT Hi-Rider Freestyle Cab Chas
3.2 XT Hi-Rider Single Cab Chas
3.2 XTR 4X4 Dual Cab Ute
3.2 XTR 4X4 Freestyle Cab Ute
3.2 XTR Hi-Rider Dual Cab Ute
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.