Car reviews - Jaguar - XJ - range
Jaguar's new flagship sedan, the fourth-generation XJ, takes it up to the Germans
9 Jul 2010
WITH higher technology and lower weight, the new, fourth-generation Jaguar XJ poses a more serious threat to the Teutonic luxury car establishment – over which Jaguar claims its new Big Cat represents a sportier proposition.
The supercharged XJs compete on price with Porsche’s Panamera and the Maserati Quattroporte, a car the new Jag also physically resembles from some angles.
If sales of the similarly styled XF are anything to go by, the XJ should continue the renewal of Jaguar's fortunes in Australia.
The task of choosing a luxury car just got harder.
Model release date: 1 July 2010 to 1 November 2015
June 2010Family Tree: XJ
JAGUAR’S third-generation Mark 3 XJ arrived in 2004 with a light aluminium body, marking the return of the XJ6 badge, this time with a V6 engine, alongside XJ8 3.5-litre and 4.2-litre V8 variants and the 298kW super-charged XJR., , However, the petrol V6 – a reworked Ford unit – was relatively short-lived, being retired in 2007 when it was effectively replaced by a 2.7-litre 152kW/435Nm V6 diesel., , The facelift – dubbed X358 – was an attempt by the Coventry-based firm to widen the big cat’s appeal by improving interiors and upping standard specification across the range., , A characterful and unique proposition since its inception, the Mark 3 gained praise for its technology and dynamic qualities but ultimately, the pipe-and-slippers styling turned away buyers and crippled sales of the car that pioneered aluminium bodies and air suspension for Jaguar.
Click to share
Enquire on or Test Drive a New XJ
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Premium Luxury LWB
Premium Luxury SWB
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.