Car reviews - Jaguar - XF - sedan range
Jaguar's XF gets a heart-transplant with new V8 petrol and diesel engines
17 Jun 2009
JAGUAR revamped its mid-size XF range just one year after launching the all-new model in Australia, but not because there was anything all that wrong with the car. It’s just a matter of timing with producing a new generation of diesel (3.0-litre V6) and petrol (5.0-litre V8) engines. There are no other major changes to the car, but both new engines are a huge step ahead of the previous units, providing much better performance while delivering slightly better fuel consumption and emissions levels. But the new engines also bring a big increase in price.
The Road to Recovery podcast series
Model release date: 1 June 2009 to 1 January 2016
2008 Jaguar XFReleased:
June 2009Family Tree: XF
THE long-awaited Jaguar XF range was introduced in May 2008, putting to pasture the S-Type, which already looked dated when it was introduced, after nine years. The XF was styled by the talented Ian Callum, a lifelong Jaguarphile who was also responsible for the latest Aston Martins but who, remarkably, had never previously designed a four-door sedan. Mind you, the XF looks more like a coupe than a sedan, but still provided plenty of comfort for four adults. Four models were presented at launch – a 3.0-litre petrol V6, a 2.7-litre twin-turbocharged diesel, a 4.2-litre normally-aspirated V8 and a supercharged SV8.
Click to share
GoAuto can help you buy a new XF
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.