Car reviews - Ford - Ranger
Extra safety tech, added powertrain choice boost Ford Ranger appeal
12 Oct 2018
FORD Australia has again tweaked its best-selling model, the Ranger pick-up that was last updated in 2015, increasing safety, updating styling and equipment, and adding the choice of the 2.0-litre biturbo engine from the flagship Raptor and Everest SUV.
Australia’s second-best-selling model has also revised its suspension set-up for better driving dynamics when hauling loads, while total variants in the range have decreased from 34 to 29.
Autonomous emergency braking (AEB) is also included in the range for the first time, while the Ranger becomes the first vehicle in its segment to offer semi-autonomous active park assist, sure to appeal to those looking to use a ute as a family vehicle instead of a commercial workhorse.
Are the changes enough to keep the Ranger’s position as one of the most popular offerings on the Australian new-vehicle market?
Model release date: 1 October 2018
Click to share
Enquire on or Test Drive a New Ranger
Customer Terms and Conditions – New Car Lead enquires
This is an agreement between GoAutoMedia Pty Limited ACN 094 732 457 of PO Box 18, Beach Road, Sandringham, VIC, 3191 (“we/us”), the owner and operator of the GoAuto.com.au website (“the website”) and the person wanting GoAuto.com.au to provide them with a lead for the purchase of a new car (“you”).
By completing a New Car Lead Enquiry, you agree to the terms and conditions and disclaimers and acknowledge the policies set out below.
Terms and Conditions
- In order for us to effect a lead you must you must complete a New Car Lead Enquiry (“Enquiry”).
- We will call you as soon as possible after you complete the Enquiry and certainly no later than the next business day. When we call, we will discuss with you your new car requirements.
- You consent to our passing on the Enquiry and your requirements to an appropriate authorised motor car dealer as a lead.
- We will contact you again in approximately eight days following your initial enquiry to check on the progress of the Enquiry.
- While we will provide the dealer with the Enquiry and details of your new car requirements, we take no responsibility for what happens after passing on that material as a lead.
- You acknowledge that we are a new car information service providing new car editorial information, pictures and prices to our customers as a guide only. Any new car prices published on the website are the manufacturers’ recommended retail prices and do not include delivery charges and on-road costs. Any authorized motor car dealer to which we pass on your Enquiry as a lead will provide you with full details of the price at which the vehicle will be sold to you.
- You acknowledge that we do not sell motor vehicles. Any sale of a new car to you by a dealer after we have passed on your Enquiry to that dealer as a lead, is a sale by that dealer not by us.
- We take privacy very seriously. We understand that you will only complete an Enquiry if you can trust us to protect your personal information and use it appropriately. Our policy is to ensure that the personal information collected when you make an Enquiry is only used for the purposes of connecting you with an authorised motor car dealer.
- We do not on-sell information collected from you or any other customer.
- From time to time, we may email you with information or promotions that may be relevant for car buyers. You will continue to receive communications from us unless you tell us that you do not want to receive any advertising or promotional information in the future by unsubscribing from these communications.
Wildtrack 4X4 Double Cab Pickup
XL 3.2 4X4 Double Cab Chas
XL 4X4 Double Cab Chas
XL 4X4 Double Cab Pickup
XL 4X4 Single Cab Chas
XL 4X4 Super Cab Chas
XL 4X4 Super Cab Pickup
XL Highrider Double Cab Chas
XL Highrider Double Cab Pickup
XL Highrider Single Cab Chas
XL Highrider Super Cab Chas
XL Plus 3.2 4X4 Double Cab Chas
XL Plus 4X4 Double Cab Pickup
XL Plus 4X4 Single Cab Chas
XL Single Cab Chas
XL Single Cab Pickup
XLS 4X4 Double Cab Pickup
XLT 4X4 Double Cab Pickup
XLT 4X4 Super Cab Pickup
XLT Highrider Double Cab Pickup
XLT Highrider Super Cab Pickup
Motor industry news
GoAutoNews is Australia’s number one automotive industry journal covering the latest news, future and new model releases, market trends, industry personnel movements, and international events.